Kindergarten Registration for 2017-18 School Year Approaching
Parents of children who will be five on or before August 1, 2017, are eligible to enroll in kindergarten at Hartville and Uniontown Elementary Schools in the Lake Local School District. Parents have several options to complete registration.
1) If already familiar with the district, or an older child is attending district, parents can visit Hartville or Uniontown Elementary in conjunction with upcoming Parent Teacher Conferences taking place in February, 2017. If you are unable to come during the February dates, please schedule a time during the March dates listed below.
- NO appointment is necessary – dates for conferences at Hartville Elementary are Tuesday, February 7, 4 – 7 p.m., and Thursday, February 9, 4 – 7 p.m.
- NO appointment is necessary - dates for conferences at Uniontown are Tuesday, February 7, 4 – 7 p.m., and Thursday, February 9, 4 – 7 p.m.
2) Parents who are new to the district are asked to make an appointment with Hartville or Uniontown by calling or e-mailing the building secretaries and picking a time in March, 2017, or picking a time online to complete registration.
Dates by appointment only for Hartville Elementary are Thursday, March 9, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., Thursday, March 16, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., and Thursday, March 23, noon – 3 p.m.; call building secretary Karen Buckel at 330-877-4278 or e-mail her at [email protected]; or, sign up for a registration appointment online at https://www.myconferencetime.com/hartville/
Dates by appointment only for Uniontown Elementary are Tuesday, March 14, and Thursday, March 16 from noon – 5 p.m. If you have questions, contact building secretary Denise Caruso at 330-877-4298, or e-mail her at [email protected]; or, sign up for a registration appointment online at https://www.myconferencetime.com/uniontown
Parents must bring the following required documents per the state of Ohio and Lake Local School District with them to complete their child’s registration. Registration cannot be completed without these documents:
• Completed registration packet
• Child’s official birth certificate (from Health Department)
• Child’s immunization records
• Custody papers (if applicable)
• Three proofs of residency (i.e., driver’s license, gas or electric bill, voided check, savings deposit ticket)
Both buildings provide complete kindergarten registration info on their respective website pages. Go to www.lakelocal.org, click on ‘Schools’ tab, then choose ‘Hartville Elementary’ or ‘Uniontown Elementary’ on the dropdown menu.