Please note the following info from School Nurse Coordinator Therese Gilbert, BSN, RN, LSN, regarding medication administration for students attending Lake Local Schools during the 2019-2020 school year:
• All Students receiving any medication at school must have the proper medication authorization form completed.
• All medications, including topical ointments must be provided by the parent.
• Medication must be in the original container labeled with the students name and dosing instructions.
• Prescription medications must be brought in prescription bottle with signed instructions form from the physician.
• It is advised that the medication form and medication be brought to the school by the parent/guardian.
• There must be notification to the school if there is any change in the mediation instructions.
• Please provide any other information that will help insure the proper and safe usage of the medication.
• It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to retrieve any remaining medication at the end of the administration period (or school year). Any unclaimed medication will be disposed of prior to the next school year.
Find the necessary forms needed to have school staff administer prescription and over-the-counter medications for your child via links below. These forms must be completed and returned to your school clinic by the start of the upcoming 2019-'20 year if needed for your child's care .
We look forward to a great 2019-2020 school year. If you have any questions, please contact Therese Gilbert at 330-877-7532.