Welcome to Lake Local Health Services! Our mission is to serve the students, families, and staff at Lake Local Schools.
LAKE MIDDLE / HIGH SCHOOL
Therese Gilbert, RN, BSN, LSN
School Nurse Coordinator
Pam Galada, EMT, Clinic Aide
LAKE ELMENTARY SCHOOL
Catharine Hoover, RN, BSN, CEN
Renee Bays, Clinic Aide
LAKE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Darcy Herendeen, RN, BSN
Please provide the nurse and the school with any information that pertains to the health of your child. (For example: any new shots, allergies, medical problems, or medications needed)
When Should My Child Stay Home?
- A child with strep throat or another bacterial infection should stay at home until he/she has completed 24 hours of the prescribed antibiotic treatment and has remained fever-free without fever-reducing medications.
- We encourage you to seek medical attention when necessary when your child is sick or injured. Please follow all recommendations from your healthcare provider regarding your child’s return to school and other activities.
*Always make sure your emergency phone numbers are up-to-date and in Final Forms.
We provide the following services:
- Protect and promote student health, facilitate optimal development, and advance academic success
- Share vital health and prevention information
- Assess illnesses and injuries and intervene when needed
- Follow-up with parents regarding illnesses, injuries, and other student health needs
- Manage chronic diseases and provide education
- Assist with the coordination of acute medical concerns
- Participate in development of Individualized Education Plans and 504 Plans
- Develop Individualized Health Care Plans as necessary
- Administer medications
- Monitor and intervene in the control of communicable diseases
- Conduct health screenings which include vision, hearing, and blood pressure
- Promote health education for students, parents, and staff
- Provide staff development to enhance teachers’ comfort levels in working with students with special health care needs
- Provide health counseling
- Act as a health care provider liaison for school/parent/community
- Identifies and intervenes in health and safety issues
- Contribute as a member of care teams
The Final Forms program is used by Lake Local Health Services to gather important student information, including contact information, medical services and health history. Also, authorization for over-the- counter medications can be found here.
Lake Local Schools
Lake Local School District, in cooperation with Mercy Medical Center, provides School Nursing Services.
"Healthy Children Are Better Learners."
Ohio Association of School Nurses