The Lexile Framework for Reading helps match individual readers to stories and texts that are a “good fit” or at the right level of challenge. After taking the Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) in reading, your child received a Lexile Range. By selecting books that are in this range, you will be able to assist your child in making sure he/she is reading at an appropriate level of difficulty to ensure growth, enjoyment and success in reading.
Once you have your child’s Lexile score from your classroom teacher this will help you determine your child’s “sweet spot” for reading. By adding 100 to the lowest score in the range provided, you will be able to determine your child’s actual Lexile.
Perfectionism – What’s Bad About Being Too Good. Miriam Adderholdt-Elliott, Ph D. Defines perfectionism and how to deal with it with children and adults.
The Gifted Kids Survival Guide – For Kids 10 and under. Judy Galbraith. This book is written for smart kids.
The Everything Parent’s Guide to Raising a Gifted Child. Sarah Herbert Robbins. All you need to know to meet children’s emotional, social, and academic needs.
When Gifted kids Don’t Have All the Answers. How to Meet Their Social and Emotional Needs. Jim Delisle and Judy Galbraith. Offers proven, practical suggestions for encouraging social and emotional growth among gifted children and youth.
Parenting Gifted Kids. Tips for Raising Happy and Successful Children. Jim Delisle. Humorous, engaging look at raising gifted children. Practical, down-to-earth advice.
See Jane win – for Girls. Sylvia Rimm. A Smart Girl’s Guide to Success.
The Survival Guide for Parents of Gifted Kids. Sally Yahnke Walker. How to understand, live with, and stick up for your gifted child.
Raisin’ Brains. Karen Isaacson. Humorous, true, anecdotes on living life with gifted children and adults. Underlying the humor are unique insights about giftedness, motivation, perfectionism, and acceptance.
- Prodigygame.com allows leveled practice for your child in mathematics and covers concepts taught in grades 1-8.
- Students take a diagnostic test that places them at their most optimal level for growth.
- The structure of this product allows your child to learn math in a highly engaging game based environment.
- Zearn is a product that allows students to deepen both their conceptual understanding and math fluency.
- Students learn to understand the meaning behind numbers and mathematical procedures.
- Students complete a warm up, view a math chat, and independent practice.
- Mathplayground has a series of interactive games that reinforces math skills and are engaging to students.
- By selecting a grade level towards the middle of the page, you will be directed to a large variety of games that reinforce skills at that grade level.
- Students move to the “next level” within games by giving the correct answers to the problems posed.
- Turtlediary has a variety of practice games in different areas for students.
- From the homepage, select your child’s grade level. If you wish for your child to access above grade material, select a higher grade level than the grade level your child in currently enrolled.
- Once you select the grade level, select games and then select the subject area.
- ABCya has a variety of educational games available to your child.
- Select the grade level you wish to visit.
- Select the topic you are interested in.
- Select the game you wish to play.